Growing Healthy Two-gether aims to:
- improve the health of caregivers and infants,
- reduce the incidence of unhealthy birth weights, and
- promote and support breastfeeding
by building partnerships and strengthening community supports for pregnant people.
Growing Healthy Two-gether is funded by Public Health Agency of Canada, and the program is delivered by Carizon Family and Community Services in partnership with the Region of Waterloo Public Health and Emergency Services and Breastfeeding Buddies.
How We Help
Prenatal people and their partners or support people come to:
- Learn about eating well for caregiver and baby
- Learn about how to have a healthier pregnancy
- Get tips on cooking and meal preparation
- Meet other pregnant people and new parents/caregivers
- Share questions and concerns about your pregnancy
- Prepare for birth and the new baby
We also offer:
- Healthy snacks
- Food vouchers and bus tickets
- Prenatal vitamins
- Infant vitamin D drops for breastfed infants
- Free children’s program for older siblings up to six years
- Education and support from health care professionals (Public Health Nurse, Registered Dietitian)
- Breastfeeding support
- Information about community services
- Referrals to community programs and services
Growing Healthy Two-gether
Location: Cambridge EarlyON Centre (73 Water Street North., Cambridge | Bus route #51)
Date: Wednesdays, 1:00-2:30 p.m. Next session starts January 18, 2023
Pre-registration is open. Pregnant persons are welcome to reach out to email@example.com to register and discuss options for interim support.
First Time Parents
Date: Tuesdays, 10:30-11:30am. Next session starts January 17, 2023
Pre-registration is open. People are welcome to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to register and discuss options for interim support.
For more information about these groups, visit our group programs page.