Growing Healthy Two-gether aims to:
- improve the health of mothers and infants,
- reduce the incidence of unhealthy birth weights, and
- promote and support breastfeeding
by building partnerships and strengthening community supports for pregnant women.
Growing Healthy Two-gether is funded by Public Health Agency of Canada, and the program is delivered by Carizon Family and Community Services in partnership with the Region of Waterloo Public Health and Emergency Services.
See current Growing Healthy Two-gether flyer.
How We Help
Prenatal women and their partners or support people come to:
- Learn about eating well for mom and baby
- Learn about how to have a healthier pregnancy
- Get tips on cooking and meal preparation
- Meet other women
- Share questions and concerns about your pregnancy
- Prepare for birth and the new baby
We also offer:
- Healthy snacks
- Food vouchers and bus tickets
- Prenatal vitamins
- Infant vitamin D drops for breastfed infants
- Free children’s program for older siblings up to six years
- Education and support from health care professionals (Public Health Nurse, Registered Dietitian)
- Breastfeeding support
- Information about community services
- Referrals to community programs and services
See current Growing Healthy Two-Gether flyer.
Growing Healthy Two-gether Sites
CAMBRIDGE EARLYON CENTRE
73 Water Street North., Cambridge
Wednesdays, 1 – 2:30 p.m.
Bus route – #51
ST. PETERS CHURCH
49 Queen Street North, Kitchener
Thursdays, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Bus route – #3 Idlewood, #7, #11 Country Hills, #8, #15 Frederick
To register, please call 519-743-6333 ext. 2383 or drop in to one of our program sites.