Counselling offers a safe environment for children and youth aged 4 to17 to express their feelings and navigate challenging situations.
Through our Children’s Counselling Services, we help families to overcome a wide range of children’s emotional, behavioural, school or relationships problems, such as:
- anger management
- depression and anxiety
- school issues
- separation anxiety
Carizon promotes a family play therapy model in children’s counselling. Our therapists know that play is the voice of children. Our offices are well equipped with play materials, art supplies, dollhouses, puppets, a sand tray and building toys to support your child on their journey of mental wellness.
When a child is struggling, everyone in the family is affected. As a parent/caregiver, you are expected to be involved in the counselling process. For children under the age of 12, parents will typically join part or all of the counselling session, depending on treatment goals.
We also offer parent coaching sessions that provide tools and resources to support your child’s mental health.
Our team of compassionate professionals provides a wide range of therapies to help your child and family, including;
- CBT cognitive behavioural therapy,
- Expressive arts,
- DBT dialectical behaviour therapy,
- EMDR eye movement desensitization and reprocessing therapy.
There are also counselling groups offered for adolescents.
We’ll work together to help your child:
- Increase positive behaviours at home and in school
- Strengthen social skills and self-esteem
- Develop self-control and manage anger
- Succeed in school
- Improve family and peer relationships
- Heal from traumatic events
- Recover from emotional distress
- Develop helpful coping skills
- Improve communications