To help make this process easier and quicker for you, it will help if you are prepared to provide the Intake worker with the following information:
- Your name and date of birth.
- The names and dates of birth of anyone else attending counselling.
- An address and a phone number where you may be safely contacted.
- Whether or not you are covered by an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) or insurance coverage through your employer or a family member’s employer.
- Your family doctor’s name.
- What issues you are hoping counselling will help with.
- Your Intake Worker will then set up an appointment with a counsellor, or help you locate other community resources as appropriate.
Our hours of operation
Monday – Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Cancelling an Appointment
If it is necessary to cancel an appointment, please try to provide 24 hours notice. To cancel an appointment, call 519-743-6333.
Please note that for some Employee Assistance Program clients, the cost of missed appointments and appointment cancellations with less that 24 hours notice are the responsibility of the employee.
Working With You - Client Rights and Information
You and your counsellor will work together in a short-term, focused manner to help you identify goals for counselling and develop an appropriate plan of action to resolve present difficulties.