From time-to-time, personal problems become chronic and an employee can no longer balance their life due to challenges affecting work such as anger management, financial distress, divorce affecting work, or difficulty getting along with co-workers. Mental health issues, such as depression and anxiety, or dealing with alcohol/drug misuse can get in the way of performance. Professional help can assist the individual in getting back on track and avoiding termination or other workplace consequences.
Your EWP enables employees and their immediate family members to reach out for support on their own. Additionally, as an employer, you are able to refer individuals to the EWP. This can be as simple as an informal reminder of the program. In more serious work performance situations, a more formal process may be appropriate.
- give focus to appropriate action the employee can take
- connect the employee to resources
- assist with performance recovery
- enable the manager to focus on the work of the team, confident that the other issues are being dealt with
- mitigate the organizational risk of escalating issues
Questions about making a referral or looking for more information about a more formal process? Call or email for more information – firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-743-4140.