In late August, your Student Parent Support Worker (SPSW) will call you and introduce himself or herself, inviting both parents and students to an orientation before school begins. Tutoring begins in mid to late September, and Mentoring begins shortly after that. To take maximum advantage of the benefits of the program, we encourage parents to stay connected.
Students and parents may have questions about high school, such as:
- Help with school work
- Concerns about a teacher
- Difficulties with the Pathways schedule
- Difficulties with peers
- Course selection, course level/stream, Individual Education Plans
- Graduation requirements and post-secondary options
- School transfer, suspension, expulsion
- School supplies, and other-school related costs
- Connecting to community resources (health, food, programs)
- And many others!
Please don’t ever hesitate to call your SPSW. They are happy to help both students and parents in whatever way they can. SPSWs may be able to help solve a problem, to advocate on your behalf, or to connect you to community resources. Should you have questions prior to meeting your SPSW, please contact the Pathways office or any member of the Pathways staff.