In late August, your Student Support Worker (SSW) will call to invite both parents and students to an orientation. Pathways programming begins in mid to late September. To take maximum advantage of the benefits of the program, we encourage parents to stay connected and support their students to take part fully in the programs and its activities.
Students and parents may have questions about high school, such as:
- Help with school work
- Concerns about a teacher
- Difficulties with the Pathways schedule
- Difficulties with peers
- Course selection, course level/stream, Individual Education Plans
- Graduation requirements and post-secondary options
- School transfer, suspension, expulsion
- School supplies, and other school-related costs
- Connecting to community resources (health, food, programs)
- And many others!
Please don’t ever hesitate to call your SSW. They are happy to help both students and parents in whatever way they can. SSWs may be able to help solve a problem, to advocate on your behalf, or to connect you to community resources. Should you have questions prior to meeting your SSW, please contact the Pathways office or any member of the Pathways leadership soon.