Mental Health Resources at Carizon
This week we are celebrating Mental Health Week and we want to share all the ways we are connecting with our community to support their mental health and wellbeing:
- Carizon offers remote counselling services through phone or video chat. As a member of the Counselling Collaborative of Waterloo Region, we work with partner agencies to ensure everyone has access to quality and coordinated counselling services. To set up your appointment, call 519-743-6333 ext. 1.
- Our spring counselling groups kickoff this week, view them here. These groups are fully funded – meaning there is no fee to participate! Call 519-743-6333 to register.
- We offer a virtual consultation to arrange Children’s Mental Health Services through our Front Door program, making sure we are available when families need us the most. Visit frontdoormentalhealth.com to learn more or call 519-749-2932.
- In partnership with Wellbeing Waterloo Region, Carizon is offering free online educational seminars every Tuesday on topics affecting people right now, such as anxiety, loneliness from isolation and stress management. Sign up for the Wellbeing Waterloo newsletter here for more details.
- Our Community Services team continues to distribute food at our two community centres: Erb West and Paulander for families who are struggling with food insecurity. We have seen a significant increase over the last two months in the number of people accessing food at our locations. To get food at our Community Centres, please contact us and we will book you an appointment:
Erb West – Call (519) 497-8254 between 12:00 and 3:00 on Monday or Tuesday
Paulander – Call (519) 741-1152 between 12:00 and 3:00 on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday.
- We promote self-care through our Woebot app which uses cognitive behaviour therapy techniques to help you think and feel better. Using the QR code below or the referral code “Ontario,” you can download this app for free today.
- We have compiled a variety of new resources, tools, and activities for families through our newly launched website, www.carizonforthecommunity.ca .
Our programs and services would not be possible without the generous support of people, like you, in our community. If you would like to help local families in need, please consider donating today by clicking here.